3/14/12

The Party


We went a little overboard this year with a party to celebrate Anna Kate's 1st birthday (March 4) and Trip's 3rd birthday (March 9). But, hey, when you have to share a birthday party it should be pretty darn special, right? I didn't get as many pictures as I wish I had, but here are a few to capture the day.

 
 
 
 
 



The house was FILLED with kiddos! More than 20 kids and around 20 adults came to celebrate with us, and Costco was a big help in filling all of our bellies. The weather was perfect, and the kids played outside most of the time. We had no special activities, just nice weather and good friends.

 

(Trip's was being shy while everyone sang to him)
 

(blowing out his candles)
("singing" happy birthday to her brother)


...Then it was Anna Kate's turn

 
 (Trip blew out her candle for her)
 

(She was a little timid at first, but ended up making a decent mess.)
(Such a little comedian!) 



A few other details ...

For Trip's birthday, we bought him a big boy bicycle with training wheels. I had it hidden in the garage ready to surprise him when it was time to open presents. Just before the guests began arriving, I couldn't find Trip anywhere. I peeked out in the garage and there he was, on his new bike. He excitedly yelled, "Hey Mama, look what I got! A bicycle!" I just had to laugh, I said, "I know, I'm the one who bought that for you. Happy Birthday!" 

He then proceeded to spend most of his party on his new bike completely ignoring everything else. He didn't even eat lunch or cake until after the guests had left.

Overall, the party was a lot of fun and I think Trip especially really enjoyed it. I'm not sure we will be doing big parties like this very often, but it was fun to celebrate with good friends and family.

0 comments: