This is the face I get to see every time I go to get Anna Kate up from her nap. Waking her up from naps has become Trip's favorite part of the day. He constantly asks to "wate up baby sister" and finally understands that he is not suppose to wake her up unless I say it's okay. I am sure this will be a continuing battle.
5/28/11 - Started consistently sleeping 8-10 hours at night
5/29/11 - Rolled over for the first time
Looks like: A fair skinned, fair haired, skinnier, girlie version of Trip. Some say she looks like J, some say she looks like me. I have had several people say she must get her light hair from J, which is funny since he has had dark hair from birth. For once, I can say she actually takes after me in that area. I had blond hair as a baby and kiddo. My baby brother Timmy (who is really an adult now and goes by Tim, but I just can't seem to adjust to that) has blond hair and my mom is a blond.
Sleeping - If AK is tired, she is REALLY not happy. This is when she cries the loudest. She is also a light sleeper, and wakes easily if there is any noise (this is how Trip and I both are, but not J). I am thankful that she has always been a pretty good sleeper at night. She is officially sleeping through the night now!
Eating - She really doesn't eat nearly as much as Trip and rarely takes a full feeding. She is growing just fine though and really never fusses when she is hungry, so I am not worried that she isn't getting enough. It's just hard not to compare her to Trip who has always loved to eat (and had the rolls to prove it!).
Development - Rolled over. Pulls her knees up under her belly and pushes them up when she is doing tummy time. Grabs things easily. Grasps hands together. Loves to just stretch out and observe what is going on around her. Doesn't make many noises but when she does they are sweet and quiet. Is giving lots of smiles and has laughed a few times. Drools a LOT!
Loves - The fan. Her mom. Being held by her mom. She is pretty attached to me after two months of being the only one who could soothe her. Hopefully now that she is feeling good, she will warm up to everyone else.
Hates - Anna Kate has a love/hate relationship with being swaddled. She needs it, but she gets so frustrated to have her limbs held down tight. She hates being tired. Hates loud noises.
3rd month memories ... In the past month we have taken the kids on several long car rides and they have both done so well.
San Antonio to Missouri - 32 hours
San Antonio to Galveston - 10 hours
San Antonio to Houston - 7.4 hours
Almost 50 hours of driving!




0 comments:
Post a Comment