(If you read on, this is your warning that you should be prepared for some serious bragging.)
I (like most moms) think that my son is the most brilliant little 15 month old! I wanted to make sure and document some of the amazing things he is saying before too much time passes.
My super smart little toddler ...
- Knows and can say these body parts: eyes, nose, ear
- Points to but doesn't say yet: head, hair, hand, foot, "piggies"(toes), bellybutton, chest, diaper
- Knows and can say these animals: bear, fish (pronounced "dish"), giraffe (pronounced "dirat"), doggy (pronounced "doddy"), cat (pronounced "dat")
- Knows and can make sounds for: lion, bird, snake, monkey
He also knows characters from some of his favorite books, like Buzz Lightyear. He is just so quick to pick up on things. I will tell him something one time, or just be saying something in passing and later if I ask, "Show me Buzz Lightyear" he will point to him!
We were throwing the ball with him last night and every time he would launch it really far we would clap and say "Great Throw!" .... So, he started whispering "Dee Trow" and you could really tell he was working on getting the sound right because he was almost mouthing the words and trying to copy what we were doing with our mouths. It was really cute! So, at bedtime I was rocking him and he was pointing to my "noooo" "eyesssss" and "ear" over and over again, and then he started to drift off whispering "Dee Trow .... Dee Trow .... Dee Trow" as if dreaming about throwing the ball. I just love being the mommy to a little boy!



0 comments:
Post a Comment