9/18/09

Hello My Name is Trip ...

Posted by Picasa
There is an ongoing joke in my department at work that we refer to Trip as "Little Brad" ... Why? You ask. Well, the story goes ... I have two different managers that I work with, Nicole and Brad. When I found out I was pregnant and knew that I would be naming Trip "Harry J. Kuper III" after my husband, I was talking to my manager, Nicole, about what I should actually call him. She told me that her husband was also the third and that he goes by "Trip". I had a family friend growing up who was also called Trip and was the third, but I hadn't thought about it as a name option until Nicole brought it up. So, once we decided to call our baby Trip, it created a little fun manager rivalry between Nicole and Brad. Brad joked, "Why wouldn't you want to name your baby after me?"
Well, in January at our department meeting, Brad presented me with this hand-made bib as a gift for my baby boy. If you read the fine print, it says "My Name is Trip (but my friends all call me Brad)". Brad used all of his creativity and actually printed this onto an iron-on sticker! We were all very proud of his craft project, and it makes me laugh every time Trip wears this bib.
My department is so much fun and such a joy to work with. Thanks Brad for making such a special gift for Trip!

2 comments:

agross said...

Ha, I’ve never heard this story before, but I think this should be incorporated into an episode of “The Office.”... Although Trip can't speak yet, his facial expression is already saying “whhaaat?” Just like his father and Uncle Collins.

Anna Sue Moss said...

I love this little guy!! Rach, he has your eyes! I am planning a trip to the Dallas area sometime soon. I want to spend the weekend with all the girls and a little ones! Love and miss you!