9/10/09

6 Month Update

Happy Half Birthday Trip!

Height: 26.5 inches (50th percentile)
Weight: 18 lbs. 11 oz. (75th percentile)
Looks Like: Rachael's eyes, J's lips and a combo nose (overall people are saying he looks like his mom now)
Development: Eating solids, sits up with support, stands up with support, making new sounds every day (dada and baba are favorites), sticks his bottom up in the air tucking his knees under him
Likes: sticking his tongue out, kicking and jumping, squealing, chewing anything and everything he can get his hands on, laughing and giggling all the time
Dislikes: still doesn't like tummy time, doesn't love solid food
Favorite Moments: Going to wake Trip up in the morning is J's favorite time of the day. Trip typically wakes up about an hour before it is time for him to eat and he just lays in his crib and talks and laughs and plays with his feet. J and I listen to him on the monitor for a while before J proclaims, "I'll go rescue him!" Trip's face is ecstatic when he sees his dad walk in and scoop him up out of his crib. J changes his diaper and brings him in to the bedroom to spend some time with his parents and nurse.

Overall Trip is such a joyful child. He has such a laid back and happy temperament and everyone who spends any time with him comments on what a happy baby he is. I have said it before, but I can't emphasize enough how the Lord has blessed our family with this amazing baby boy.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the emotion in your posts Rachael :-) Reading about J walking in and Trip getting excited to see his dad made the most awesome imagery appear in my imagination. I bet J gets just as excited. You guys rock. I love you!