(I love this picture, taken on my phone, because I was asking her how old she had turned. She obviously thinks she is much older than 2!)
It feels like Anna Kate has been 2 for such a long time. At about 18 months, she started walking and talking. She gave up her pacifier independently, just handing it to me one night while I rocked her and saying she didn't want it anymore. Around the same time she decided that she wanted to start going potty like her big brother, not in her diaper. I objected to this because with a newborn I was not about to start potty training. But, since then she typically goes #2 on the potty.
I know that I am biased, but I am telling you, this girl is smart. She counts to 15, sometimes 20. She knows her ABC's, and recognizes about 10 different letters and knows their sounds. She is really good at matching colors. Even obscure shades that I don't think Trip can tell the difference between. She likes to build blocks, line her trains or dolls up in a line, play with her princess castle, and she LOVES to swing. How is it that 2-year-olds could swing for an entire day and not get sick?!? I remember Trip being the same way.
At 2 years old, Anna Kate can express her emotions better than most adults I know. She feels emotions so strongly. She will look at me with tears in her eyes and say, "I am so so sad." Or with a look of anger and grunt, "I am SO SO mad!" Or she will have a face of pure joy and with a huge grin say, "I am SOOOO Happy!" Everything is "So So ...." or "Soooooo..."
She started doing gymnastics with Trip when she turned 2, and loves it! She had been watching him from the sidelines for so long, that when I told her one day that she could go with him, she was thrilled. She loves looking through books and also watching TV (unfortunately). She asks me all of the time to "watch a show on the iPad". And she is persistent! Asking sweetly about a hundred times with a look on her face like she is only asking for the first time.
Around her second birthday, Anna Kate started sleeping in a big girl bed, which has proven more difficult lately. Last night she snuck out of bed and was silently sitting legs crossed at the end of the hallway holding a baby doll and watching whatever show J had on the TV... Probably Duck Dynasty!
My sweet, strong girl,
You know what you think and what you want, and you will not be moved. My prayer is that this quality will make you a warrior for Christ. That you will stand strong in your faith, proclaiming His truth. That you will fight for the oppressed. I pray that the Holy Spirit will use your strong will to help you to resist temptation and stand strong in your convictions.
Your Dad and I love you SO SO much!



0 comments:
Post a Comment