7/20/11

Bouncy Big Brother

















Last night our little family of four was playing in Trip's room before bed time. I put Anna Kate on the floor to stretch out, and watched as the scene above unfolded.

Trip grabbed his blanket from his bed and gently put it across AK. Then, methodically, he placed each of his Monkeys, Big Lamby, Woody, and Buzz around her. All the while, telling her that it was time to go "nigh nigh" and giving sweet kisses. I ran and grabbed my camera to capture the sweet moment.

While Trip may have thought it was time for his baby sister to go to sleep, he clearly did not think that it was his time to calm down.

Trip grabbed his bouncing Tigger from the toy closet, and jumped circles around little Anna Kate.

Tigger bounced and cheered him on, saying, "Bouncing's what Tigger's do best!" (Boing, Boing, Boing!)

Although I can't ready minds, I imagine Anna Kate was thinking, "Wow! Look at my big brother! ... Um, Mom, can you help me out here? ... Is there anyone in the room that cares for my safety and well-being? ... Please don't jump on me!"



I can't imagine any better way to spend an evening! I love being a mom.

2 comments:

Bre'anna said...

So sweet! Trip is a great big brother and Anna Kate will be so thankful for him!

Kristin said...

This is such a great a series of real life captured!