1/20/11

Sweet Boy


A sweet story of my baby boy that I don't want to forget...

Last Friday I was working hard to get the house ready for company after having very little sleep the night before.

[I haven't been sleeping well for a variety of reasons - growing belly, horrible allergies, and reflux from the growing baby inside of me.]

The weather has been fairly cold here, so the dogs have been hanging out in the laundry room with a doggy door separating them from the rest of the house. I was carrying in several bags of groceries, probably more than I should have been, when I tripped over the dog door and crashed hard onto our tile kitchen floor landing on top of our groceries. Eggs, fruit and lots of other goodies somehow survived the crash, but my knees were not so lucky. Tired and hurting, I worked hard to hold back tears.

Trip was standing right next to me when I fell and I am thankful I didn't land on him. He stood there, tears welling up in his own eyes and said "Sorry Mama. Sorry Mama." over and over while he rubbed my back. This, of course, pushed me into a happy cry. I melted to see and hear my sweet little boy show such compassion.

I am so thankful for Trip's heart and the work that God is already doing in it.

I am also thankful to have landed on my knees and for the protection provided to our baby girl.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

We have parallel fall stories! I fell and busted my knees up at the post office last week. I was just so thankful I didn't bust my belly! What a sweet boy you have!

The Nivens' said...

Awww...that story brought tears to my eyes. What an adorable story!