10/20/09

Friends, Pumpkins and Broken Down Cars

My mom and I drove to Austin Friday afternoon to visit my best friend Johanna and her baby girl, Ainsley. We visited the pumpkin patch down the street from their house, and snapped some really great pictures of the kiddos. We tried to get a good one of the 4 of us, but the babies would not cooperate!


I love this picture of Trip standing up on the pumpkin. I got some other really great shots, so I will post a slide show shortly.

On the drive to Austin, my car made some funny noise and just as we were getting into town, the "check coolant" light came on. After leaving the pumpkin patch, we drove to a nearby gas station to fill up on coolant, but the man who helped us said that our coolant was not low, so there was probably some other problem with the car that we should get checked out when we got home. About 10 minutes later, my car overheated at the corner of I-35 and Cesar Chavez. Triple A towed my car from Austin to Boerne (96.2 miles ... just under the 100 mile limit!). Because we had Trip with us and his car seat, J had to drive to Austin to pick us up.
Mom, Trip and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and took a taxi to Guero's Mexican Restaurant where we enjoyed margaritas at the outdoor bar and listened to some great live music. J met us for dinner before we all headed home. My mom had been saying she wanted to see more of Austin, so at least she got her chance!

And in case you were wondering, the fan in my car was broken and I should be getting it back sometime today.

0 comments: