His birthday breakfast request: PB&J, donut holes, scrambled eggs
I'm not even sure how it's possible, but my first born is 6 years old!
Trip is so much like his dad, that I should just let J write this post! He is the sweetest big brother, which often causes us to place really high expectations on his ability to look after his little sister and brother. But he seems to be proud of that responsibility. He is also very social like his dad. He wants to be entertained by activity (or television, or games) all of the time, which can be a little exhausting since he is homeschooled and sometimes his siblings - and his mom - need a break.
Trip is a big thinker (should I repeat, just like his dad). He comes up with these projects or activities that are incredibly complicated (and often literally impossible) and gets easily frustrated when they cannot come to fruition. It's hard as his parents to encourage his big ideas, but also to explain that sometimes those ideas take along time - like years - to see accomplished.
In school, Trip's favorite subject is Latin. Although he really does lead his class in all of the memorization. And while it has taken a while, he is really starting to love writing and keeps a journal of pictures and little sentences. He writes sweet notes to his brother and sister and parents and I find them torn out all over the house. I tried to explain that he can just keep them in the journal, but I think he wants to give the notes as gifts, so the paper trail is endless.
note to Wills - his best friend
learning cursive
For their birthday party, Trip and Anna Kate decided they wanted to do something together. We had their party at Thin Air, a trampoline and "extreme air sport" park in San Antonio. It was a rainy week, so this worked out perfectly and I didn't have to do much to set things up or host people. Ideal for a really pregnant mama! All of the kids had a blast!
Dear Bubba,
Your dad and I are so thankful for you and we love you beyond measure! You lead your little group of siblings with such tenderness and patience for a six year old. You are smart and kind, silly and serious. I am most impressed with your ability to love unconditionally and to forgive instantly and without resentment. These are gifts from God and He will use them to do great things in and through you. Already, you are a reflection of Christ to your family and friends. I often pray that I could love the way you do.
Our prayer is that you would have a deep and personal relationship with Jesus Christ. That knowing Him would remove all fear from your life as you trust in His plan. That He would continue to develop the loving attitude that He has already placed in your little six-year-old personality.
We love you so much!




0 comments:
Post a Comment