- 50-60th percentile for height and weight
- Knows letters and their sounds, is starting to put letters together to make words. Reading is right around the corner!
- Can write his name and a few other letters
- Counts to 40, recognizes 1 - 10, starting to understand some basic math. The other day he said, "There are 2 girls in our family, and there are 3 boys in our family. That is 5."
- Trip continues to be tender-hearted and is such a sweet big brother most of the time. He is not shy to give hugs or kisses and to tell us he loves us.
- In some areas, Trip is totally independent. In others, he has no interest. Like getting dressed. It's not so much a matter of being able to get dressed. It is more that he just doesn't want to stop what he is doing and take the time to get dressed. He is the same way about bathing. He asks if he can just sleep in his clothes for the next day so that he doesn't have to change!
- He is still obsessed with Spider-Man, a phase I am ready to leave behind us! On the positive side, his imaginative play has increased considerably since discovering super heroes.
- He REALLY wants to learn how to ride his bike with no training wheels. I am sure I am holding him back here because I just dread the scraped knees that I know will follow!
- Trip does NOT like to play independently. I am so thankful to have Anna Kate around and able to play with him more and more!
- He told me the other day that he wanted to be Spider-Man when he grows up (surprise, surprise). I explained that Spider-Man was only pretend, and then he decided that he wanted to be a dentist like his grandpa.
- He is so smart. He makes these observations that I am not sure I even think about at 30. He asked us the other day where the sun goes when it goes down. If it goes under the ground. So, J gave a little science lesson about the earth/moon/sun rotation.
Trip Bubba,
As I write this you are laughing and playing with your sister in the other room. You are so funny, kind, and smart. You have patience with me and a heart to forgive even when I don't deserve it. I love that about you. Showing grace, forgiving, being patient, loving. I know that God has given you these qualities to bring glory to Him as you grow.
And you are growing so fast. So fast. I am proud of you Bub. I love you more than I can express. Remember, you promised that even though you are a big 4 year old, you would still give your parents loves forever. We will hold you to that.



0 comments:
Post a Comment