8/20/12

Catching Up


 


I have no real excuse for the lack of posts lately. But, there is lots to update on and some great pictures to post from our trip to Colorado (more on that later).

This past month has been spent helping my little sister plan her wedding, taking care of two very energetic kiddos, getting ready for our baby boy, and just being pregnant! (Not to mention the day-to-day of cleaning, changing diapers, putting away toys, and of course the ever growing laundry pile).

In pregnancy news, I am 34 weeks. I feel pretty good for being as big as a whale. Just the usual aches and pains, and a little bit of insomnia. Our baby boy is healthy and growing, and we are thankful.

What can I say about little Miss Anna Kathleen. She is a pistol. She finally started full-time walking this past week, which is actually nice because she seems much happier. She is the most stubborn child! If she wants something, she is determined to get it and she likes to do things all by herself. She is a Dada's girl. She loves J above all others. Her brother comes a close second, and then I come in third place.

I feel like this picture kind of sums her up. A little bit of a train wreck, a tom boy, and just the right amount of pink. She is a wild woman, always climbing and often getting hurt multiple times doing the same thing.


At 17 months, Anna Kate's most consistent words include:
  • Dada, Mama, Bubba
  • More, Please, Thank You
  • Cupcake, Gigi, Anna
  • No no, Peek-a-boo, Water, Juice
  • Baby, Bear
... And the list grows each day. Something clicked this past month and she picks up new words like a sponge. She loves, loves, loves playing with all of her babies.

It's been a while, but at 16 months she was 50th percentile for weight, and 95th percentile for height. She seems to be taking after the Kuper women and is tall and skinny. So much for my dreams of having my daughter wear my wedding dress one day :)

On to the big brother. Trip is quite the character and for the most part a lot of fun. I am a big fan of the age 3. He says the funniest things. He is for the most part a great help around the house, he loves his sister and (again, for the most part) is really sweet to her. We have the occasional battle with obedience, whining, and talking back. His favorite thing over the past couple of months is Spider Man. He is such a little boy, and always wants Spider Man to fight.


Sweet big brother.

It is sweet to see how these two have really started to interact more with each other as friends. They get frustrated with each other, but they also play together more, which I know will be really great when baby Wills gets here. I am so thankful for their friendship.

Ok, that's all I have time for now, but I'll try and get some Colorado/Wedding pics up soon.

0 comments: