9/9/11

half way to one

Started sitting up.

Stubborn girl - still won't drink from a bottle, but likes to chew on it!

Testing out the sippy cup


Height: 27 in (90th percentile)
Weight: 17 lbs. 9 oz. (80th percentile)

Development:
  • sitting up
  • says "ma ma" "da da" "ba ba" "na na" (first sound was "ma ma", which makes me happy because it took Trip forever to say.)
  • loves to eat - favorite so far is sweet potato
  • finally drinking some formula out of a sippy cup (still no bottle)
  • sleeps from 8 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.
  • 2 naps a day
Likes:
  • no one makes her laugh harder than Trip
  • early morning alone time with mom and dad
  • throwing her head back while being held in order to lay upside down
Dislikes:
  • should I repeat it ... the bottle!
  • another repeat ... being tired
Anna Kate has finally settled into being a predictable little baby. I feel like this took much longer than it took Trip and I am quite happy to have my entire day planned out and on a schedule. It's much better than an unhappy baby! 

I am sad, however, that she has grown so quickly. I just cannot believe she is already 6 months old ... Although the most frequent comment I get about AK is how long she is. People are astonished to learn she is only 6 months. (The second most frequent comment I get is, "She has the most beautiful skin!").

What's that saying, "The days are long, but the years are short."? 

Amen to that.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love reading your updates and seeing how she and C are in step and how they're different. So glad she's settled into herself a little more. I was just explaining to someone today how it seemed to take C a little while to do the same but he became so much more pleasant once he did.

Pretty girl, too!