![]() |
| Easter Egg Hunt 2011 |
Last year around this time, I posted about how much I dislike Easter egg hunts and the Easter Bunny because they get in the way of the important and amazing message of Easter.
Little did I know that one year later my little boy would be OBSESSED with the Easter Bunny!
I thought kids didn't like people dressed in animal costumes. As a child, I always found them a little creepy. But not Trip. I think if he had the choice after meeting the Easter Bunny this past weekend, he would have taken him home to live with us forever.
The story - We decided to go to the city's Easter Egg hunt, which boasted more than 18,000 eggs with an assortment of candy and prizes. We figured Trip would have fun picking up the eggs and would come home on a sugar high. But, just before the egg hunt was set to begin, the Easter Bunny came walking by, and it was all over from there.
Trip followed the bunny around, waved to him, and hugged his legs - cutting off several children in the process. When we tried to pull him away for the egg hunt, he broke down in hysterics. So, instead of hunting for Easter eggs, we let him stand next to the Easter Bunny and watch as the other kids snatched up coupons to local restaurants, gift cards and other awesome prizes. He followed the bunny over to his chair, and was one of the first in line to sit on his lap. He did NOT want to leave, which resulted in another breakdown. As we tried to make our way to the car, Trip escaped several times and sprinted toward the bunny, trying to cut in line to see him again. There were tears all the way home and screams for the Easter Bunny as J put him down for a nap.
We captured the event in pictures and in video on my phone, which Trip likes to look at frequently. At least once every hour, Trip asks me about the Easter Bunny and says that we need to get in the car to go and see him.
So - at least for this year - we are enjoying watching Trip enjoy all of the festivities around this holiday. I hope that we will be able to impress upon him that as fun and big and amazing as he thinks the Easter Bunny is, our Savior's resurrection is truly the most amazing thing of all.
Happy Easter!




0 comments:
Post a Comment