2/19/11

Playing in the Rain and Dadda Time








Almost every day this week has started off rainy and dreary. As much as I'd like to be an adventurous mom and take Trip exploring through the mud ... my 9-month pregnant self just used the weather as an excuse to stay in and watch movies. So, Trip was very thankful to wake up to his Dad this morning and go play in the rain. He kept his pajamas on and wore his new Crocks from his Gigi and they played outside for a good part of the morning.
This was the scene tonight as I cooked dinner.
It started with J pushing Trip in the laundry basket across the living room and down the hallway - at what I'm sure Trip considered record speed - and ended with the two of them camped out under a "laundry basked tent" talking. J and I both marveled at how long Trip wanted to stay under the basked talking to his dad.
I am so blessed to have these two guys in my life. As I type, my sweet husband has just put Trip down for the night and is unloading the dishwasher.
For now, I'm just trying to enjoy these last few days as a family of 3, and also happily anticipating the arrival of my own little companion.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Trip is so cute! I see so much Gross in him. Hope you are feeling well, I can't wait to see that sweet baby girl! So excited for you all.