

With grand intentions, J and I celebrated our 5-year anniversary last weekend by going to his aunt and uncle's cabin on the river in Junction. I had visions of sipping hot chocolate and romantically discussing the last five years around a camp fire.
Unfortunately, after falling asleep in his contacts and waking up in the middle of the night and tearing them out in pain, our romantic weekend took a turn for the worse. J tried to tough it out before making the decision to drive back into town, but woke up the second morning in a lot of pain and unable to see.
Alas, I became the nurse and designated driver and brought J back home to see a doctor. He was diagnosed with a pretty major tear to his cornea, but no permanent damage, given a high dose of Vicodin, and sent home to rest.
Is anybody really surprised by this story? Because I am not. After 5 years married to my sweet husband, I have come to expect the unexpected. (Although I am typically the injury-prone one in this relationship.)
Needless to say, J and I decided that if we've learned anything over the past 5 years, it is that God's will is perfect. We are not in control, and we praise Him for that. We could not have predicted or planned the path we would take when we got married, and we rest knowing that our future years together are perfectly planned by our Heavenly Father.



2 comments:
I love this, but am sad to hear that your time away wasn't relaxing...you know what I mean, I love seeing God direct paths of His people and people in turn trusting in His every plan. I also loved seeing your wedding photos...beautiful!
Congrats!!!!
Post a Comment