8/31/10

Catching up with the Kupers

Well, it has been a busy month and there is a lot to catch up on. I'll start with the first week in August and work my way forward.

We escaped the Texas heat and joined my family in Colorado for our annual family vacation. This is one of the few times I get to see all of my siblings and parents together, so I cherished every moment. We filled our days with lots of outdoor activities including hiking and kayaking, we enjoyed lots of home-cooked meals (each sibling was responsible for cooking dinner one night), and most importantly we spent some good ole fashion quality time together. Below are some pictures from the trip.

Kuper Family Photo

Trip LOVED drinking from the Camelback!


Enjoying the view from the top of the Gondola.


Gross/Johnson/Kuper Bunch at the top of one of our hikes.

We take a family photo at this same spot every year. It's fun to see how our family has grown and changed over the years.

A little over a week after returning from Colorado, Trip and I were invited to go with my best friend and her family home to Columbia for a week. We were able to catch up with some long time friends, spend a lot of time with Gigi, Cappy and my brothers, and I was blessed by my parents with time to relax while they played with Trip. Cappy even took Trip to a friend's house in the country to see his new baby zebra! We were both spoiled!


Trip and Cappy playing and petting the Zebra
A few days after returning from Missouri, we hit the road again to visit J's mom and brother in Houston. As usual, Cupcake cooked a fabulous meal and sent us home with lots of goodies. So far, Trip can't say "Cupcake" but he does manage "Tat Tat" which I think is pretty darn cute! Our time there was too short, so we will have to plan another Houston trip soon.
All in all, it was a great month ... but let's just say we are happy to be home!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

oh man... that pic of you, j, and trip is AMAZING! y'all are precious! miss and love you... so sad i wasn't here when y'all were, but soon enough i will make my way down there :) xo

Trip and Nicole said...

WOW, what a big boy! I can't believe how much he has grown since I last saw him! Let me know next time you are going to be in the DFW area, I am sure not any time in the near future since your sister no longer lives here!