7/21/09

Good Friends & Good Wine - Take 2


Last September when I started this blog one of my first posts was titled "Good Friends & Good Wine" and it was about visiting the vineyards outside of Fredericksberg with some of our good friends from Dallas. At the time, all I could do was take a few sips because I was pregnant with our little boy.

(Below is a picture from that trip)

Well, it's that time of year again ... only this time I could drink to my heart's content! (Does that make me sound like a wino?) Our good friends from Dallas, the Jodrys, visited us once again and we made the rounds to some of our favorite wineries ... Becker, Torre di Pietra, Sister Creek ... as well as our favorite beer garden, the Auslander.

Although he is still a little young for beer and wine, Trip did enjoy himself quite a bit. Actually, he slept through almost the entire experience! After a day of wine tasting, we took a late afternoon nap and then headed out to Luckenbach where we enjoyed some amazing people watching, a cold beer and some country music.

For all who don't know, Whitney and I have been great friends since meeting through our jobs at Harris Methodist Fort Worth Hospital in 2005. Whitney, and all of my dear friends from Harris, are part of what made leaving Fort Worth so hard. I can't imagine a better friend to have spent so many hours with and to have shared so many memories! Thank you Whitney and Max for making the long journey down to see us once again. We love you!


Trip and his Aunty Whitney. Please notice his eyes looking off to the side ... he is looking at the television in this picture! Despite my best efforts, he is obsessed.

Trip sleeping at Becker.

The Jodrys and The Kupers, together again!

Whitney and me enjoying a beer in Luckenbach.
(Please notice my hair in this picture. This is probably the first time in a month that I had actually blown my hair dry and worn it down. In fact, just a few seconds before this picture was snapped, it was in a ponytail because it was so humid outside. I made J wait to take the picture so that I could take my hair down and prove to myself and everyone else that I did in fact look decent for one night! A few seconds later, my hair was right back up in a ponytail. Oh, the joys of motherhood!)


0 comments: